Monday, July 17, 2006

Bobby Gillespie beat up

Damn this picture is creepy!! I've been waiting for an excuse to post this insanely bad promo pic of Primal Scream leader Bobby Gillespie, and found the perfect opportunity this morning via NME: Bobby Gillespie assaulted in Madrid Primal Scream singer Bobby Gillespie is recovering after being beaten up in a bar in Madrid on July 14...Gillespie's manager Rab Andrew said..."He's fine, back home and sporting a couple of black eyes." I hate to say it, but with a photo like the one above floating around, you sort of deserve to get your ass kicked. In other Primal Scream news...the new album SUUUUCKS! The recent Pitchfork review that gave it a 2.3? Yeah, it's that bad, and the 2.3 rating may have even been a bit generous (I would have given it a 1.64). Seriously though, I don't know what's up with these guys. I can't think of any other band that can jump around from brilliance (Screamadelica, XTRMNTR ) to mediocrity (Evil Heat, Give Out But...) so fluidly. If you're still curious to hear what this train wreck sounds like, here's some audio streams of the latest Primal Scream single: "Country Girl" (QT) "Country Girl" (WMA)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been trying really hard to like this CD, but will have to agree with you. After about 5 listens, my rating is about a 2. It's about ready for the trash heap!

7/17/2006 12:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh maybe it's because I'm a girl but I sort of think he looks well um very attractive in that picture.

It could just be me. I think black and white would have been a better option for him though.


I think mainly it's the way he's looking at the camera.

7/17/2006 01:20:00 PM  
Blogger poly styrene said...

Kirstie, can you hand me those glasses? I kid. I kid. Seriously, I keep waiting for Sister Wendy to come by and tell us the awful backstory of this photo.

7/19/2006 06:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peasants and spectators,
the whole lot of you

7/20/2006 07:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home