Friday, September 30, 2005

Live Pics: Beck@The Riviera 9/21/05

Updated in the RFC Photo Archive today are pictures from last week's Beck performance at The Riviera. To be honest, I'm quite surprised that anything turned out from this. I was able to secure an "official" photo pass for the show, so I took my old school 35mm SLR, naively thinking that my photo pass credentials would allow me to use a flash.(for all you youngsters out there, a flash is almost essential when using film in a low light situation like a dark concert hall) Not only was I denied the use of a flash, but all photographers were only allowed to shoot during the first three songs of the set. The photo pass did allow me to shoot from the orchestra pit, but I felt really silly frantically taking pictures with my dinky little Spotmatic while everyone else around me was shooting with their professional digital cameras with giant lenses. From now on, I think I'll stick to shooting lower profile concerts at much smaller venues...or let Nicole try to sneak a flash or two with her digital camera. Check out some genunine professionally shot pics of this show here...courtesty of Matt Schwenke, one of the aforementioned photogs with the giant cameras who I met while scrambling in the pit. Needless to say, he was a little intrigued by my choice of hardware.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Pics - keep up the great blogging! FlowFeel

10/02/2005 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home