Tuesday, June 21, 2005

New Releases Tuesday (6/21)

Billy Corgan - TheFutureEmbrace (Warner Bros.) So the Great Pumpkin has finally dropped his first real solo album, but then today he puts a full-page ad in the Tribune announcing that he wants to get the band back together?!? Billy, you weren't in the Blues Brothers, let it go. (unless of course you need to raise a lot of money to save an orphanage) Don't taint the legacy! Siamese Dream rocked my adolescence, but I'd like to keep it there. Other Notables Laura Cantrell - Humming by the Flowered Vine (Matador) Telepopmusik - Angel Milk (Capitol) Wooden Wand & The Vanishing Voice - Xiao (Troubleman Unlimited)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said on the Billy thing, I really dug my first couple of Pumpkins purchases, but lost the feeling and don't need it back.

6/22/2005 09:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another new release - I recently discovered The Redwalls, who released a new album 6/21 called De Nova. They are from Chicago and I think this is their third album. It's kind of a funky sounding brit-pop, very reminiscent of the beatles and reminds me slightly of Oasis too... except, um, not British (though I think they REALLY want to be). Anyhow it's a fun album and a fresh enough sound that I would definitely recommend the album. They also have a great song about how much the FCC sucks (I think it's on a previous album though). I wouldn't call them "punk," as they seem to on their web site (www.theredwalls.com), but they've got a great sound. Oh, and they're playing at the Metro on Friday (6/24).

6/22/2005 10:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home