Tuesday, May 10, 2005

New Releases Tuesday (5/10)

Spoon- Gimme Fiction (Merge) Insound sez: "It's here! Spoon's latest is a dizzying, soulful affair with some of the catchiest and most confident pop songs you'll hear. Gimme Fiction may finally push these guys into Shins-like popularity." However, I've talked to quite a few people with advance copies of the record who say they are really bored with Britt Daniel's latest. I burned an advance copy myself and I can't say that I have a verdict yet...it sounds alright so far, but it hasn't really grabbed me yet. Perhaps this record is just lacking an immediate classic like "Fitted Shirt" or "The Way We Get By"?? Whatever the case, Daniel and the boys will be back in town to promote the new record on June 11 at the Vic Theatre. ALSO... Athlete - Tourist (Astralwerks) Boredoms - Seadrum/House of Sun (Vice) Electrelane - Axes (Too Pure) Gang of Four - Entertainment! [re-issue] (Rhino) Mice Parade - Ben-Vinda Vontade (Fat Cat) Sloan - A Sides Win: Singles 1992-2005 (Koch) Weezer - Make Believe (Geffen) Lucinda Williams - Live at the Fillmore (Lost Highway)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home