Friday, April 22, 2005

Lollapalooza line-up announced

And the line-up for Lollapalooza '05 in Chicago is... The Pixies Widespread Panic Weezer The Killers Dinosaur Jr. Cake Dashboard Confessional Arcade Fire Billy Idol Death Cab for Cutie Digible Planets Liz Phair G. Love and Special Sauce Blonde Redhead The Black Keys Kasabian Kaiser Chiefs ...Trail of Dead The Bravery The Walkmen Louis XIV Sound Tribe Sector 9 Z Trip Los Amigos Invisibles M83 The Dandy Warhols The Brian Jonestown Massacre Tegan & Sara VHS or Beta Soulive Ambulance LTD The Redwalls Shout Out Louds Blue Merle DeSol World Leader Pretend The Changes So Chicago...what are your thoughts on the much anticipated line-up?? Let's get a discussion thread going, click on "comments" or drop a line to rfceditor(at)hotmail.com.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pretty basic, a lot of the touring bands are there. I would have liked to seen a Beck or Wilco. I don't have a problem with the lineup, except maybe there are too many too similar bands.

4/22/2005 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I think it's well worth the $35 I spent! Looks very Bonnaroo-ish- random mix of jam and indie.

4/22/2005 09:45:00 PM  
Blogger Brad K said...

I have to admit, I'm actually quite happy I didn't shell out the cash before seeing the line-up. 35 bucks for a big music fest in my back yard seemed like a no-brainer, but luckily my cynicism and/or laziness kicked in and I didn't snag an early ticket.

Supposedly there are still another 30 or so slots yet to be announced, but at this point I find the line-up to be really boring. Hellooo...where's the Hip-hop? Electronic music? Plus, all these bands have just played here or are coming soon. Weezer, Pixies, Widespread (seems like every 3 months), etc. Most of all, nothing real earth-shattering or exclusive to this festival. (However, the Dandys/Jonestown reunion is a nice touch)

4/25/2005 01:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to it actually. If I had to travel for it? No, I wouldn't go. But it's right here in Grant Park, only a subway away. The Pixies should rock, Blonde Redhead is always cool, as well as the 50+ other bands I get to check out. True, the diversity isn't there....maybe they're taking care of that with the remaining 20 or so bands. We can hope.

4/25/2005 03:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why bother...seems really pointless. very mediocre lineup.

4/25/2005 08:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why go to grant park and see the few entertaining bands with hundreds of thousands of people when i can just wait a few months and see those bands at smaller shows and not have to put up with the pixies or widespread panic?

one of the things that's great about chicago is the diversity of musical flavor- why didn't the lollapalooza crew book a festival that represents the city hosting the event?

4/26/2005 10:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home