Thursday, June 29, 2006

Load Up On New Music

Hitting the road for the 4th? Here's a choice batch of links where you can get free, legal music downloads (look for the highlighted "download" in the MySpace player) to bolster your iPod playlist for the upcoming long weekend: Doveman – Teacup Masters of both “lamp rock” and “insomnia pop,” Doveman’s song Teacup is so good I call it a “flawless victory.” Rademacher – Playing for Fun These rockers from Fresno play for fun and give a lot of great songs away for free … Jeniferever – You Only Move Twice This Swedish band makes some of the best eight-minute guitar dirges outside of Mogwai and Explosions in the Sky. Pink Mountaintops – New Drug Queens One of the strongest tracks off the best stoner rock album since the last Queens of the Stone Age. Click Click Decker – Wer Erklaert Mir Je… I swear, I never thought I’d be saying this, but I really like this German indie rock band… Great Northern - Into the Sun Another Ship Collective band makes good. Music. The Green and Yellow TV – Temporary Fix An excellent track from one of LA’s premiere indie pop acts. The Western States Motel – Southwest Planez I can’t recall a song I’ve been more addicted to listening to this year than this lazy tune off TWSM's forth-coming album. Division Day – Tigers A great track off their new self-released album ... which someone like XL or Wichita really ought to pick up and start distributing. Molecules - Get Out of The Car Listen to this husband and wife duo play my favorite song off their debut album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home